Last Date 19th Jan, 2020
Experience 10 Years
Industry Health Care
Category Medical & Healthcare
Employment Type OTHER
Qualification MBBS in
Master Degree in Relevant Field
Daily Job Alerts
The Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH) is inviting applications for Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO), who will be primarily responsible for providing medical leadership in the planning, implementation and optimization of all information technology systems that will assist physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in the delivery of high quality patient care, medical education, research and support The Aga Khan University Hospital’s (AKUH) clinical information technology strategic plans.
The CMIO will have an operational role in the planning implementation and optimization of AKUH's electronic health record (EHR) components and in the advancement of health systems' clinical quality and safety initiatives through the use of clinical information systems.
Additionally, the CMIO will be actively involved in the governance process to support the development, implementation and use of clinical information systems. The CMIO will participate in various committees representing the functional and clinical workflow requirements of the physician, nursing and other health professional communities and will serve as an advocate of senior management for promoting the use of information technology systems in the clinical setting at AKUH.Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, you will be expected to work in close partnership with the clinical staff, EHR and IT teams to maximize the full potential of information technology investments. You will serve as a key advisor to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Medical Officer (CMO), nursing and IT teams regarding any system related issues pertaining to health professionals and evaluate the clinical impact of the information technology systems.Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Evaluate the overall impact of IT services on clinical processes by identifying areas to promote the use of technology and improve the quality of care and services delivered to patients and create efficiencies for clinicians
- provide clinical leadership in the planning, development and implementation of strategic and tactical use of clinical information technology systems which includes core clinical systems, system wide divisional and departmental clinical systems, associated documentation and any other technology associated decisions that may have an impact on physicians, nurses and other health care professionals’ clinical and non-clinical work processes
- provide direction in the planning and implementation phases of AKUH’s EHR programs and ensure university wide continuous education, involvement and support of physicians, nurses and other health professionals staff
- ensure patient care and patient processes are well integrated in EHR systems and focus on advanced technology solutions to enhance the overall patient experience and continuity of quality patient care
- comprehend and be responsive towards the requirements and priorities of physicians, nurses and other health professionals by developing strong collaborative relationship with them to gain widespread acceptance and consensus for any IT related initiatives
- provide health professionals oversight on data quality, integrity, security of data and supporting protocols for usage of data and for purposes of quality and research, including methods for cross-border access to clinical information
- participate in periodic quality improvement and patient safety committees and work in collaboration with the clinical leadership, EHR and IT teams to design and implement systems that support patient care, quality initiatives, operational effectiveness and research activities
- oversee quality of data and information provided by the Quality Department to make sure compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies and oversee the data mining and quality for all hospitals within AKUH to advise AKHS in the use of data if and when required
- participate in the clinical advisory committees to provide continuous feedback and engage with patient care providers including physicians, nursing staff, allied health, ancillary staff and medical records’ professionals to facilitate the design, continuous development, and use of clinical information systems to support excellence in patient care, research and education
- visit periodically, inpatient, outpatient, ER and other associated clinical areas to observe user-end system performance and identify areas of opportunities for EHR optimization
- review clinical information technology trends, new approaches and initiatives to develop technical and application implementation strategies and assist senior leadership in the development of strategic plans for the IT services division
- collaborate with physicians, nursing, other health professional staff and administrative leadership to proactively develop, monitor and revise the evidence-based automated clinical guidelines and best practices in order to improve the quality of care and gain maximum efficacy and efficiency
- assist the key clinical leadership groups in the formation of required clinical content, protocols, work processes and any other associated system usage polices
- attend key international and national health informatics meetings and conferences and pursue any new programs of continuing education within the specialty of health informatics to remain up to date with new technologies and any local issues affecting healthcare information technology and their potential impact on the clinical systems
- design and evaluate collection of data for clinical purposes to facilitate research and ensure the statistical data collected is in line with the reporting requirements
- provide clinical and IT related expertise for any clinical related research activities
- serve as a mentor to medical students, residents, fellows and other clinicians who express an interest in Clinical/Health Informatics.
- MBBS/MScN degree or equivalent with an additional Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Clinical Informatics, or Computer Science is preferred
- additional certification in Clinical Informatics is preferred but not mandatory
- a minimum of 10 years active clinical practice required with a minimum 3 years’ experience in leadership, information technology management or clinical informatics would be an added advantage
- proven track record of accomplishments in management, particularly involving collaborative successful work with physicians nursing and other allied health professionals
- widespread knowledge and practical experience with electronic health information systems including configuration, implementation, support and optimization in hospital setting
- excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their detailed CVs to email@example.com and mention the position applied for in the subject line.
Job Title: Chief Medical Information Officer
Organization: Aga Khan University Hospital
Address Region: Sindh
Postal Code: 74200